03-05-10

03 05 10

03 05 10

The Church of the Holy Ghost (Pühavaimu Kirik) was built as part of a charitable housing complex during the Middle Ages.  It does not face due east probably because it had to adapt the street layout.  Its construction was started during the first half of the 13th century and was mentioned in writing in 1319.  This was the first church in Estonia to hold services in the native Estonian language.

Select